Friday, July 2, 2010

Tea time buffet at Yum Cha Restaurant (chinatown)


Met up with Shuyi, Wenhui, and Audrey to go eat dim sum at Yum Cha restaurant. I was not really keen on it because it's too sinful (both financially and kilo-ly)!!! But went for it anyway~ thou i arrived late, as usual xP. However, I wasn't disappointed at all. Paid $23 to eat a large variety of dim sum, and also enjoyed good services from the waitress. They didn't charge us for food wastage too, although we really left quite alot untouched. I consider my money well spent! Hope they keep up their good services, since our local service standards have really become worst over the years.

Shuyi bought some goodies back for us from her trip to China. She bought a set of mini brushes for me!! & Me ONLI!!! (cos i m the only one into make-up lol)Really like the brushes!! The quality isn't bad considering the price~ Thanks Shuyi ~ MUACKSSSSS~



She also bought some biscuits back, the following is the one i find super interesting!


Despite the fact that they are manufactured in China, most of the packagings have either Japanese or Korean languages on it. WHY?

After that we went to people's park cos I wanted to purchase lotion and body scrub. The prices at Ocean beats most of those in the departmental stores, even during sales period. Was really upset when I saw that the Garnier brightening eye roll-on which i purchased at Guardian sales for $14.90 (instead of $19.90), was only selling at a price of $8.90!!!! Even watsons and John Little sells it for $15.90 after discount. Imagine how much they earned! Although their rental fee is much more expensive, but it really makes me ponder about the actual cost price and how much the company producing the product is earning.

Anyway, I only made one purchase at Ocean today which is quite unusual. I bought St. Ives oatmeal and shea butter lotion ($6.80), which has become my favorite after I bought it at John little's expo sales for $7.00. The smell isn't very nice, shuyi would say it stinks! BUT! It is really effective in soothing my dry, irritated and itchy skin. Skin feels really hydrated after use. It's really value for money since it comes in a large bottle of 532ml. I like it even more than St. Ives intensive healing which is also pretty good, but I have a preference for products which contains shea or cocoa butter XD.



Went to a shop near OCean which sells 女人我最大 products. I spent $26 + at this shop for a 400g Japanese Aroma sea salt bath and a facial towel. I have been wanting to buy the Milk sea salt bath for quite some time, since Cariann recommends it. Bought it at a price of $8, which comes with a complimentary face mask from My Beauty Diary (我的美丽日记)!!! REally GOOD DEAL!!



Can imagine how happy I was XD, since I am quite into masks recommended by 女人我最大. In addition, My beauty diary masks are NOT cheap especially if you buy it at watsons or guardian when it's not on discount ($19.90 for 10 pieces, so one for bout $2). The lady is selling it for $1.50 per piece and a box for $15, which is equivalent to the prices after sales at guardian. Relatively cheaper, but if you purchase online from beautyfood.com.sg it's even cheaper (selling at $1.25). The lady gave me the yogurt mask which claims to be able to reduce sebum and oil secretion. She gave the girls each a mask which will help to improve their imperfections lol. Even though wenhui did not make any purchase, the lady was really nice to give her a free aloe vera mask too.


I also purchased a facial towel, on impulse. Bought it because it claims to diminish black heads and SCARS!!! It cost $18, which is really costly for a small piece of cloth. Hope it really works since the lady guaranteed a refund if it doesn't. This towel can only be used for 6 months, 3 mths each for face and body. I am so going to use it everyday and pray hard that it would give rise to a MIRACLE!



After that we went to Audrey's house to finalise our destination for our first overseas trip. We decided to settle with batam 2D1N. However, that's where reality comes into play ~ Even though we were all high and enthusiastic about the trip, some of us may not be able to get permission to go!! Was kinda disappointed since we collected so much information from different travel agencies. Can't believe the fact that even though we are 23 or 24 years old already.. we are not trusted to go on a trip with our friends~~ aren't we too well-loved and protected (LOl). Hope to hear good news from them. I also wana go with Jy one daY (JY if u reading this, SEE!! I nv forget bout u! LOL)

Below are just some of my recent purchases~



CEZANNE Ultra Cover UV Foundation II--> Probably the best powder foundation I came across. Won't make ur face cakey, and it feels really light and gives a natural coverage. The only con is that the shades available in Singapore are too light for my skin tone. In addition, they have incorporated sebum-clear powder and Sebum-fixing powder that blocks unwanted sebum and moisturizing ingredients such as Squalane, Chitosan, Rhodomyrtus tomentosa, Hibiscus extract. Other plus points are that it has an SPF of 35 and PA ++, UV absorber-free, Fragrance-free and Non-mineral oil. In conclusion, It's REALLY GOOD !!!

L’EGERE SPF34 UV Whitening BB Cream--> Highly recommended by Kelvin in 女人我最大. It's really light and feels like nothing is applied on the face. Plus point is that it has SPF 34 and the shade really matches my skin tone well (the only one which doesn't makes me looks like a ghost). However, it doesn't provides much coverage, I still have to apply foundation and concealor to cover ance marks and dark circles. BUt it's still the best BB cream I have tried so far.

LANCOME GALATÉIS DOUCEUR GENTLE SOFTENING CLEANSING FLUID (FACE & EYES)-->Really like tis cleansing fluid, it really does what it claims --> "Leaves skin feeling clean and fresh, soft and supple." It’s extremely gentle on the skin and doesn't cause irritation since I have super sensitive skin. It's way better than Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover which doesn't remove makeup well and is really greasy and uncomfortable on the skin.

That's all for my first post after three or four years. Suddenly have the urge to blog again cos I am kinda sian of facebook le, especially after they changed the photo uploader ~.~ But kinda disappointed that I can't get the blog address I wanted which is either purpledelights or purpledreams or other purple_____ that I attempted before settling with this lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment